With a mission to build the worlds leading global live TV streaming platform with the greatest breadth of premium content, interactivity, & integrated wagering, FuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) aims to transcend the industrys current TV model. FuboTV operates in the U.S., Canada, France & Spain. The company also has a rapidly growing engineering center in Bangalore, India that is developing strategic product & technology features for the global Fubo platform.
Fubo Gaming is a new division of live TV streaming platform FuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) that launched in 2021. With consumers already deeply engaged with FuboTV's leading sports streaming packages, Fubo Gaming aims to provide a comprehensive sports & entertainment experience through sports betting & interactive gaming.
Were rapidly growing in employees, subscribers & our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
FuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds & traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the Role:
FuboTV is looking for talented individuals to join our fast-growing company on our Networks team. The ideal candidates must be knowledgeable & experienced with master control playout systems in a live event broadcast setting.
The successful candidate is driven, creative & enthusiastic to join a team that values collaboration, patience & the determination it takes to work at a high level. Striving to consistently increase the networks brand value, he/she is also responsible for reliable, consistent operation of these systems to provide a top quality video delivery experience for our customers.
The Live Events Engineer is to set up & coordinate the execution of live events. Many live events take place after regular working hours & on weekends. Candidates should understand the day-to-day job expectations before agreeing to work on this team.
- Work with multiple teams to align & schedule upcoming live events for playout
- Provide operational support as needed to programming teams & during live event
- Perform routine maintenances as needed, possibly overnight
- Execute multiple live streaming events concurrently; be the sole owner of many tier-1 live events for our customers making sure they have the highest quality experience
- Make in-room decisions as a call leader; organizing tasks between production, service partners, & directing other support engineers during live events.
- Work with senior engineers & other teams on high-severity, active support issues, prioritizing mitigation while investigating root-cause fixes
- Deliver event reports to senior leadership
- Aid in the development & testing of operational tools that improve efficiency through automation
- Ownership of one or more video products or components
- Customer notification & workflow coordination with follow-up to maintain service level agreements
- Creating & maintaining team specific knowledge-base articles & operational & training documentation
- Assist in the training of new Live Event staff as the team grows
- Have 3+ years of experience operating playout automation systems in a live master control environment at a television/cable/MVPD (or similar) provider
- Maintain & grow professional relationships with internal & external business stakeholders
- Availability off-schedule (late hours and/or weekends) to monitor broadcasts & support live events; address mission-critical incidents as they arise; escalating as necessary to oncall teams & business partners
- Understanding of various video & audio codecs such as AVC, HEVC, AAC, E-AC3 with emphasis on video/audio quality
- Understanding of various streaming packaging methods such as HLS & DASH
- Understanding of various multimedia transport protocols such as: RTP, RTMP, SRT, UDP, Zixi
- Familiarity with SSAI a plus
- Familiarity with Master Control & Playout technology
- Familiarity with different CDN vendors & their systems (e.g. Akamai, Level3, Fastly, etc.)
- Familiarity with enterprise MPEG Analysis tools, such as Tektronix, Ineoquest, Elecard, etc
- Familiarity with testing live event environments
The Ideal Candidate will also:
- Enjoy working in a fast-moving environment in which individual contributors are trusted & depended upon to set technical direction
- Enjoy learning new things & sharing knowledge with co-workers
- Take the initiative in identifying & removing roadblocks
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving & receiving honest feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
- Enjoy disrupting the status quo
Perks & Benefits:
- At FuboTV, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Professional development courses & learning opportunities
- FuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience & market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, & commuter benefits
- Free Premium FuboTV Account
- Health & Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days & regular company-wide activities.
- FuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan, with offices in Chicago, Denver, Paris, & Bangalore
- FuboTV is an e-verified company