Who We Are
The Farmers Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, & Glossier, & are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmers Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & much-needed change to the way people feed & care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer's Dog is looking for a Platform Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. We are looking for someone to build & maintain our software infrastructure, tools, & services that engineers & other technical users collectively leverage in a self-service fashion as the platform. This individual will be responsible for bridging the gap between IT Operations & Software Engineering. This person will need to be able to draw on shared experience with Software Engineers to understand their needs, coach operational practices, & share expertise, when needed.
We view Platform Engineering as successful when Software Engineers are able to deliver their software to end-users quickly, safely, & feel a high degree of ownership throughout the process.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Contribute code to various infrastructure, tools, & services.
- Review code for other members of the engineering team.
- Respond to platform bugs & incidents as they arise.
- Support engineers in using the platform.
- Support engineers working on production application issues.
- Mentor engineers in software operations & delivery practices.
We're Excited About You Because
- You should have at least 4+ years of professional experience working in a software related field
- 2+ years of recent experience working as a Platform Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or SRE
- Hands-on experience using AWS
- Familiar with Terraform & Docker
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation & equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO & WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota