Group Nine Media is seeking a Legal Operations Specialist to join its growing Legal & Business Affairs Team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Legal Operations, the role will involve providing a range of legal & administrative functions, with a focus on day-to-day legal team support, maintenance of Legal Team tools & files, & operational problem solving.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform mid-level legal tasks (drafting, research, etc.).
- Plan & oversee Legal & Business Affairs team projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion & keep stakeholders of progress.
- Maintain & enhance Legal & Business Affairs team systems & processes
- Identify areas of automation/technology enhancements, new opportunities.
- Use project management methodologies to drive continuous incremental delivery against quarterly / annual roadmap objectives
- Facilitate release planning activities across teams
- Document relevant operational processes, procedures & policies
- Create clear visibility into status & progress within the team & for stakeholders
- Manage external vendors who supply, support, and/or manage WeWork Legal Department technology systems, as needed & appropriate.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- BA/BS degree; Project Management program certificate is a plus.
- At least 3 years of relevant legal operations experience preferred; in-house experience at an agency, media, or technology company is a plus.
- Ability to read, draft, & understand basic legal terms & contractual provisions.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn new topics & deal with unfamiliar issues.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, problem-solving, & communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with contract administration software is a plus.
- Strong interest in the business & desire to work within a multidisciplinary team.
Why Work at Group Nine:
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, January 2021]; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand globally on social [Tubular, January 2021]; POPSUGAR, the no. 1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site globally [Comscore, September 2020]; Thrillist, the no. 1 food, drink & travel brand for Gen Z & Millennials [Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020]; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Oscars, Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.