Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The Accessioner II provides a vital link between internal customer service & the clinical group. The Accessioner II is responsible for receiving, unpacking, processing & recording samples sent for laboratory testing under the supervision of the Accessioning Supervisor. The Accessioner II may serve as a team lead to Accessioner I to coordinate tasks, divide workload & manage projects. He/she has demonstrated a good understanding of laboratory workflow. In addition to the primary role of sample accessioning, there will be a need to provide back-up support to the Analytial and/or Post-Analytical team, , on an as needed basis. It is imperative that the Accessioner II have demonstrated the ability to work independently, but also function effectively as a member of the Guardant Health team. The nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written & verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task & be flexible with tasks & schedules, & the ability to work independently in a team environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accessioner II are required to support the clinical lab staff with sample intake & accessioning.
- Responsible for receiving, unpacking & processing all incoming clinical specimens.
- Responsible for entering & verifying data in the LIS database.
- Verifies aspects of incoming samples & access acceptability of the sample testing.
- Prepare samples for testing by centrifuging & isolating plasma from whole blood.
- Resolve & document incomplete or unacceptable specimens.
- Aliquot specimens & manage sample storage inventory.
- Create sample batches, print labels & label tubes & batches.
- Perform equipment maintenance & maintain equipment logs & records.
- Keep laboratory equipment in good working condition by applying quality control measures, such as sterilization & greasing to avoid damages.
- Support the administrative functions of the lab as required.
- Check, monitor & record temperature & perform root cause analysis of deviations & implement a resolution or initiate a service request when necessary.
- Clean racks & other laboratory supplies.
- Carry out & maintain sufficient inventory of laboratory stock for daily operations.
- Work closely with the Leads of the Analytical, Post Analytical & the Client Services Teams to provide consistent & ongoing support to the entire service department.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned & assist others as time allows.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Participate in the introduction of new validations and/or configurations.
- Assist in the update & development of SOPs pertaining to Accessioning.
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel & training of new procedures with existing personnel.
- Assist with internal audits & inspection preparation, as needed.
- Assist in organizing & maintaining laboratory, personnel & training documents.
- Identify process improvement opportunities & report to laboratory management.
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Supervisor or Safety Officer.
- Provide support, guidance & constructive feedback to Accessioner I.
- Accessioner II may oversee Accessioner I in the absence of Accessioning Supervisor and/or designee.
- Minimum of AA or equivalent required
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field preferred
- At least 2 years of related experiences in a high complexity laboratory required
- Demonstrate a high level of competency when assisting in the pre-analytical sample processing steps
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, & honestly
- Strong computing skills
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers & customers, as needed
- Ability to prepare & maintain records & logs
- Ability to integrate & apply feedback in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to analyze & solve basic issues
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/