Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
MailChimps Engineering Operation team is responsible for infrastructure that makes that possible. Team members work closely with our Development, Product, Support & Data Research teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company & our products forward. We take a pragmatic & practical approach to our technology stacks; we use proven components & build our business logic on top of understood & supported building blocks. We are growing fast & need people who are eager to join us on this journey of learning & advancing our Engineering strategy. Our definite goal is to build a hybrid infrastructure thatll allow us to deal with the needs of today & tomorrow while empowering our customers.
We are seeking people with the aptitude, attitude & curiosity to join us on our journey. Youd be part of the systems engineering team with a focus on improving our tooling & instrumentation around metrics, tracing, & logging. The ideal candidate can help us plan, design & implement an engineering strategy to tackle this high impact initiative. If you want to drive engagement across Engineering, Product, Support & each analytical team within, this is the role for you.
What you'll do:
- Develop, implement & support an evolving observability platform that can ingest metrics, tracing, & logs from multiple services in our application monolith & GCP
- Participate in & facilitate learning opportunities for other team members
- Design, document, implement, & support technologies that we utilize to support the health & resiliency of the Mailchimp application.
- Develop, communicate, & enforce standards for metrics, tracing, logs & analytics.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Familiarity with observability & monitoring technologies such as OpenTelemetry, Prometheus or Zabbix
- Proficient Linux & networking knowledge
- Exposure to cloud services, distributed systems, & various logging applications
- Demonstrated experience making pragmatic technical decisions
- Demonstrated experience with bringing together inclusive working groups to solve challenges
- Experience with PHP or Golang development
- Familiarity with other pieces of our technical stack (Prometheus, Alertmanager, Grafana, CloudProxy, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Big Query).
- Demonstrated experience of establishing & socializing standards for the company to use
- Ability to build large scalable systems with configuration management tools
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or similiar cloud technologies
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.