Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What's it all about?
The Automation team is responsible for the development, support, continuous improvement & delivery of solutions for our on-premise cloud provisioning & automation platform.
What we expect of you, day to day.
This role requires someone who has the necessary skills to develop new & continually improve on existing solutions written in primarily in Angular & Java. While this role is primarily in front-end development, the successful candidate should have some experience of Java.
The successful candidate will therefore need to have experience of developing solutions with a key focus on user experience. The successful candidate will also need to be an excellent communicator, self-motivated & thrive on delivering efficiencies & improvements through both technical & process solutions.
- Develop in-house applications in Angular
- Analyze existing software for Usability & Accessibility issues & provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with diverse team of product managers, UX designers, & developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Understand & translate business requirements & processes into technical solutions
- Develop & assist with delivery of solutions for new projects through automation
- Recommend enhancements / improvements to existing technologies & processes
- Fielding inquiries & requests for support from stakeholders
- Liaise in written & verbal forms with peers & other areas of the business
- Keep up to date on the latest trends in web engineering & introduces them into projects when appropriate
What we're after
- Strong background in Angular & UI/UX development
- Understanding of UX & the design techniques & principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, & HTML Prototypes required
- Experience with Java
- Good adherence to Software methodologies & standardisation
- Hands-on experience in developing & supporting web applications
- Knowledge of Database technologies, including SQL with an understanding of the impacts of indexing & schema design along with query analysis & optimisation.
- Experience with REST & SOAP interfaces.
- Understanding of Agile software development principles
- Ability to lead & self-manage projects & tasks.
- Ability, desire & motivation to learn quickly & pick up new skills
- Ability to analyse written requirements & visually conceptualise the user interface & application flows required
- Organised & be able to prioritise workload in order to meet necessary deadlines
- Demonstrable teamwork attitude, ready to initiate collaboration & resolve conflicts
- Verbal & written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service & interpersonal skills require
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.