Beeswax is an easy to use, massive scale & high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. Were well funded by leading VCs, such as RRE & Foundry Group, & are rapidly expanding our customer list & our engineering team. We offer our customers the most extensible & transparent advertising system in the world & process millions of transactions per second.
Our engineers come from major tech companies such as Amazon & Facebook as well as many other companies with strong software disciplines. Building & selling great advertising software that were proud of is the absolute heart of our mission.
At our transaction volumes we regularly deal with scaling challenges as our tech grows & evolves. To manage the firehose of data coming in, we explore complex tradeoffs & carefully architect high performance distributed systems. Those in turn require elegant & thoughtfully designed APIs to make the systems accessible to both our team & our customers.
Our Userdata Team owns the caches & pipelines that are critical to our company's success as well as the logic needed to figure out which data we want to incorporate into our systems. The main cache is ~15 TB & is constantly updated with data from our customers & our partners.
There are massive architectural & data processing challenges for this team & an opportunity to dramatically improve the performance & cost of our entire system.
You will succeed in this role if:
- You love the people challenge of building a high performing team - meaning recruiting, inspiring & developing your team members
- You view your role as supporting the team rather than managing or running it
- You are enthusiastic about developing efficient processes for the team
- You enjoy the occasional bee pun
- You operate well in the unknown & aren't afraid to take risks & learn from your mistakes
- You champion engineering & operational excellence, establishing metrics & process for regular assessment & improvement
- You have an ethic of service & focus on making customer driven decisions
- Ideal candidates will have:
Ideal candidates will have:
- 7+ years of engineering experience & 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- Significant experience with low latency & high performance systems
- Experience with Python, highly distributed caches (eg. memcache, Aerospike, etc), queueing systems (Celery, ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.) & high scale data processing techniques
- Experience recruiting engineers, growing your team & developing junior engineers