Company Description|Job Description
BlaBlaCar is the world's leading long-distance carpooling platform - a global, trusted community of 70 million drivers & passengers in 22 countries. The platform connects people looking to travel long distances with drivers heading the same way, so they can travel together & share the cost. With the recent integration of a coach network & a commuter carpooling service, BlaBlaCar aims to become the go-to for shared road mobility. Affordable, convenient & user-friendly, wherever there's a road, there's a BlaBlaCar.
Why join us?
BlaBlaLines is the carpooling service by BlaBlaCar focused on commuting. It is actively being developed in France & Switzerland.
You will join a small team of engineers operating in agile style at an early stage in the project. The current project goal is to iterate quickly & take over the commuting carpooling market. Our team is composed of experienced people that have worked on successful services before & have already managed to make BlaBlaLines take off to sizeable usage.
As a data analyst, you role will be to build the right set of analytics for BlaBlaLines in order to drive decision-making & product iterations. This will be achieved through constant monitoring & analyses of our marketplace, geographies, user behaviour & marketing efficiency.
Your analyses & insights will be used to drive the product strategy & growth trajectory of BlaBlaLines.
What you will contribute to:
- Provide actionable insights & reports to the the Product manager & work as a pair with him : actively using data-insights to drive decision-making & prioritize future product features
- Identify, analyze & monitor issues that affect our marketplace dynamics & top line growth
- Design dashboards & educate the team on data & analytics
- Continue building, maintaining & improving our data warehouse & pipeline
What you will need to be successful:
- Degree in Engineering, Economics, or Operations Research
- Experience in at least one programming language required (Python, SQL or other)
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills, ability to think strategically & outside the box
- Strong attention to details & the ability to step back to see the bigger picture
- High level of autonomy & proactivity
- Excellent communication skills: experience in synthesizing & communicating data clearly
- Fluent in English
- Eagerness to learn & strong willingness to make commute carpooling a reality adopted by millions globally
Nice to have skills
- Experience with technologies of geographic data manipulation (GIS): QGIS, OSRM, Google Maps API, PostGIS, ElasticSearch
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with a cloud provider (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with Google Analytics
A few practical details about the role:
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees:
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork & impact
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth & fast-paced environment
- An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces
- Free carpooling to live our value Be The Member
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend
- Possibility to do a BlaBlaSwap once a year & go work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad
- Bi-Weekly BlaBlaTalks when we learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos
- The choice between Mac or PC equipment
- Opportunity to attend Tech conferences in France & Europe
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) & answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team & that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 3 weeks. If your application & profile fit our requirements, we will invite you for an analytical test followed by a few onsite interviews & a case study.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.