Who We Are
The Farmers Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, & Glossier, & are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmers Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & much-needed change to the way people feed & care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
In our increasingly visual, attention-depleting world, the power of the written word is wildly underestimated. The right word or phrase delivered in the right format & tone can radically change the meaning of a given image or video, & can help cut through the overwhelming clutter of our digital feeds. Were looking for a copywriter to refine & steward The Farmers Dogs brand voice across every channel, ensuring our messaging - whether its a piece of communication seen by millions or a text message sent to an individual customer - always simplifies & clarifies our value proposition, connects with our current & prospective customers, & strengthens our brand.
The ideal candidate is creative & collaborative, a skilled wordsmith, & a grammar sleuth. You will be responsible for developing marketing & communications content that will separate us from the crowd.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Write & help create compelling content across all channels that educate & entertain our audiences.
- Think of & contribute to campaign ideas that help launch new products, or bring attention to new initiatives.
- Work with our design & growth teams to convert leads through landing pages, emails, & direct mail.
- Partner across all functions (marketing, operations, customer experience) to improve copy & communications, interpret briefs & develop concepts into content.
- Pitch experimental ideas that can bring our brand to life in unexpected ways.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have 3+ years of copywriting experience across multiple platforms.
- You are attentive to the details of every phrase, word, & punctuation mark -- but also never lose sight of the big picture of the message & the brand.
- You are committed to a bold vision & POV, but also receptive to input from anywhere.
- You love writing in all forms & across channels/formats, & can adapt tone & style while still ensuring a cohesive brand voice.
- You are passionate about understanding our current/prospective customers & determining how best to appeal to, & persuade, them.
- You are comfortable using - & proactively asking for - data to inform creative & messaging decisions.
- You are organized & masterfully manage your own time, knowing what to prioritize & when to delegate.
- You are on top the latest cultural trends, memes, & linguistic styles, but never succumb to passing fads.
- You are always looking to improve your writing & how our brand & organization is portrayed through it.
- You are strategically minded but driven by intuition.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation & equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO & WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- A slack channel with an endless scroll of cute doggos