Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, & grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult & expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware & software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, & more. We're working to find new & better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms-and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square is looking for a Senior DigitalDesigner to join our Retail/Appointments marketing team.
You will work in a small & tight-knit squad (kind of like a small end-to-end design shop) that collaborates with the Retail & Appointments product teams, including PMs, PMMs, Product Designers & Engineers. Our squad exists to tell the best possible stories of our products & ecosystem, so that our sellers can empower their businesses to excel & grow.
You cover the gamut with design for web, mobile, prototypes, print, experiential, & you understand code & the modern web.
You have a refined aesthetic & design sensibility & find varying styles an opportunity to extend & grow your skills. You're all in for leading a direction to translate a strategy into great product & brand experiences, while also working with a direction for production.
- Craft graphic elements, mood boards, & visual treatments
- Contribute to a team of designers, producers, product strategists, copywriters & engineers
- Produce brand & campaign standards, templates & style guides
- Create video & motion graphics style frames, exhibition graphics, interface design, visualization, presentation design, information graphics, branding & print graphics
- Potentially co-direct photo shoots & design physical installations
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator & Figma / (Sketch)
- Animation/motion graphics knowledge in software such as After Effects or Cinema 4D
- Familiar with prototyping tools such as Framer, Flinto or Origami
- Experience with multiple styles of design & illustration
- Typographic skills
- Can lead IA / wireframe / design processes
- Knowledge of best practices in usability & UX
- Understand the opportunities & limitations of the modern web
- Desire to work in a start-up environment, where iteration & learning is encouraged
- Lead with kindness, clear communication & a point of view
- Passion for retail or booking experiences
Learn more about Design at Square.
At Square, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name & preferred method of contact, & we will respond as soon as possible.