Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. In our ever-changing ecosystem,Open Bankingis introducing new competition to financial institutions in the battle for the consumer & merchant relationship. We are building abrand new technology platformthat will drive the future of this area & enhance Visa's value as a payments network. Built on thelatest standards/tech stackand providing open APIs & new modes of connectivity for data sharing, this platform will help drive innovation in the entire ecosystem.
We valuecreative & driven individualswho love toowntheir products, & design & implement solutions that create aseamless experiencefor consumers & clients. Our developers work across the stack, & are experts in service oriented architectures & technologies likeAngularJS, Java, Akka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Hazelcast, Kafka & Containers.
As we embark on the journey to build this new platform, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can participate in the detailed design & development activities for this product build
Here are key responsibilities of the role -
- Design, document & implement new systems, as well as enhancements & modifications to existing software with code that complies with design specifications & meets security & Java best practices.
- Interact with both business & technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products & services that meet business requirements & expectations while applying the latest available tools & technology.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code & be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed business expectations.
- Identify opportunities for product innovation & strive for improvements to best practices, standards & processes.
- Mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time with good code quality.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworksand other related items in addition to contributing core product code
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, & features in business terms.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, & risks in a precise & timely manner.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Expertise with the Java 8 platform or higher.
- Expertise with Spring, Vertx or Akkaframeworks.
- Development experience in building Microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON andXML.
- Experience with Relationalor NoSQL database.
- Experience in GIT, Maven, Jenkins or such build automation tools.
- Strong analytical, problem solving & communication skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies & iterative software development lifecycle principles.
- Previous experience with financial services/payments processing experience a big plus.