Latch's data team is continuing to be build from the ground up. We plan to cover all aspects of the firm's data strategy: analysis, engineering, science, etc.. We are firm believers of bringing in smart people that can define the roles for themselves, so come join us & start creating greatness.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Understand the data gathered across the entire Latch organization
- Analyze the data & extract insights
- Collaborate with other teams in the company, both engineering & business counterparts
- Work closely with Data Analysts & Data Engineers to implement production ready systems
- Create & train models for predictions, forecasts, classification, fuzzy matching, etc.
- MS in Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Statistics,or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of data science experience
- Good level of understanding in Python, R or Scala
- Familiarity with SQL
- Excellent grasp of statistics
- Experience with notebook tools such as Jupyter, Zeppelin or Databricks
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in building up a model from scratch & deploying it to production
- Experience in visualizing the data & sharing with users
- Experience with Map-Reduce technologies such as Spark or Hadoop
- Understanding of basic software engineering concepts
- Experiencing in productionizing machine learning models
- Acute sense of data analysis: being able to make sense out of many seemingly unrelated datasets
- A penchant for learning technology & helping out with establishing the data infrastructure