Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students & recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 3rd – August 9th & allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry & explore an area of interest.
As an HBG Contracts Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals & gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, & attend departmental meetings.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking & career development opportunities.
Who you are:
• A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing
• Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, & written communication skills
• Enthusiastic & excited about discussing recent books you’ve read
• Possess a great attitude & a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team & contribute insights
• Resourceful with the ability to balance multiple responsibilities & work independently
• Must be results driven, & take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
What you will learn:
• Provide general assistance for the Contracts Department (including scanning, routing, & mailing documents, answering telephone, pulling/filing & off-siting files, scheduling meetings, etc.)
• Responsible for preparing Contract Request & Subsidiary Rights folders for drafting, as well as maintaining Contracts systems & logs
• Draft agreements & amendments as they may arise
• Field general Contracts inquiries
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume & cover letter. Please note that you are responsible for your own housing during the duration of the internship.