YouNow, a live streaming community of over 52 million registered users, is looking for a Director of Trust & Safety to join our team. This is a special time for our company: we are a small team working on a cutting edge social video service that impacts millions of users & content creators & has the potential to alter the digital media landscape.
What you will do:
The Trust & Safety team at YouNow ensures that our global community is empowered to create & enjoy a diverse range of high quality content in a safe, respectful, & supportive environment. As the Director of Trust & Safety, you will be responsible for setting OKRs, developing strategy, working with vendors, & building processes that enable your team of support agents & moderators to quickly & competently serve the community on a 24/7 basis. You have a track record of achievements in the space, you arent afraid of making tough decisions, & you have a genuine passion for policing & enforcing issues like hate speech, intellectual property, privacy & online safety.
- Lead a team of Trust & Safety agents & content moderators. Provide coaching & feedback to ensure that the team maintains a high level of productivity & quality.
- Develop policies for evaluating & enforcing user generated content, community standards & dispute resolution processes for a global user community.
- Track & analyze key operational & performance metrics, identify trends, & develop solutions to optimize team workflows, improve efficiency with data-based strategies.
- Coordinate closely with product, engineering, & content teams to ensure user safety & privacy across the platform, while developing & improving associated tools & product features.
- Work closely with third-parties, including vendors focused on nudity detection & language enforcement, & non-profit & law enforcement agencies like NCMEC & police organizations to ensure the safety of our community.
- Develop workflow recommendations that can automate detection of & eliminate malicious activity, spam, & abusive behavior.
- Conduct regular policy trainings, & work to refine & improve YouNows policy & community education resources
- Ensure legal compliance across GDPR, CCPA & other user privacy & safety regulations
- 4+ years experience working on relevant issues (content moderation, user safety, anti-spam, and/or content policy), preferably at a social media, internet or technology company
- BA/BS or equivalent professional experience
- Fluent in third-party systems including Sift Science, Zendesk, and/or other automated content management tools
- Experience handling high-profile escalations
- Familiarity with & respect for the norms of different cultures
- Comfortable working after hours/weekends as needed
- Give a sh*t
- Strong moral compass
- Proven ability to manage & motivate in a distributed/remote work environment
- Analytical, critical, detail-oriented, patient, & iterative (experience with SQL & relational databases is a plus)
- Entrepreneurial mindset, flexible, self-starting, self-motivated, & hard-working
- Experience setting & managing team OKRs
If you enjoy working with good people, solving problems, & making an impact, please apply to join our team.
Location: New York, NY
Important Note: this role involves potential exposure to sensitive or explicit content, including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography, & other graphic images.