Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a senior quality engineer to join our Operations team in NYC. This person will report into our the Manager of Product Quality & work closely with our Product Design, Merchandising, & Sourcing teams to ensure the highest level of quality of Casper's products.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
- Follow QC inspection processes & in depth product test plans for our manufacturers to ensure the highest level of quality
- Work cross functionally to develop & grow our approved Supplier list.
- Follow the established quality plans (Inspection, testing, auditing etc.) for the assigned NPI, resourcing or sustaining product quality.
- Work with the 3rd party inspection/testing agencies to conduct the inspections, testing & auditing as required.
- Be a quality owner for the supplier activities directed toward process control, quality assurance & inspection of sourcing products, work with suppliers to establish a structured approach for consistency & adherence to quality procedures & requirements.
- Work closely with 3rd party inspection/testing agencies on surveillance audit (quality system assessment, in-process & final inspections etc.) for the assigned Casper supply chain.
- Follow up non-conforming from the supplier audit, during-process inspection, pre-shipment inspection, quality complaints from internal customers, product returns & safety recalls. Identify / drive root cause analysis, corrective action & preventive action implementation.
- Report to management & cross functional teams on regulatory issues, quality issues, trends & losses & provide solutions
- Maintain understanding or regulatory compliance & interaction with Casper internal compliance team & regulatory agencies as needed
- Analyze customer feedback to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for quality improvement opportunities, ease of manufacturing & reproducibility
- Tracking, management & reporting for the assigned quality initiative programs & provide timely updates.
Our dream candidate...
- Bachelors degree in engineering required
- 3-7 years of related experience in a quality role
- Experience working with 3rd party inspection/testing experience preferred
- Experience in softgoods, textiles or furniture preferred
- ASQ certifications preferred
- Flexibility to travel upto 25% of the time
- Strong project management & cross-functional working style preferred
- Must love sleep!
The syrup on your waffles...
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, & virtual programs like apps for meditation & mindfulness.
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!