Data Engineer Intern (Virtual Internship)
Who we are
DoubleVerify is a leading software platform for digital media measurement, data, & analytics. DVs mission is to be the definitive source of transparency & data-driven insights into the quality & effectiveness of digital advertising for the worlds largest brands, publishers, & digital ad platforms. DVs technology platform provides advertisers with consistent & unbiased data & analytics that can be used to optimize the quality & return on their digital ad investments. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital advertising ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
What youll do
As a Data Engineer Intern, you will work with DoubleVerifys versatile Engineering & Product teams on mission-critical systems that process billions of real-time transactions a day & solve/address complex challenges with Big-Data processing & analytics at scale. This role is a 6-week, full-time, virtual engagement that runs from July 6th - August 14th, 2020.
- Research, Conceive & Build Software & Data-Intensive applications that contribute to & extends DoubleVerifys suite of Social Viewability & Brandsuitability measurement products
- Work on cutting edge big data technologies to build large scale batch & streaming pipelines using Cloud & big-data technologies on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams with end-to-end responsibility for product development & delivery. Take ownership of the product under the guidance of your mentor & work in tandem with product manager interns.
- Improve data quality through testing, tooling, & automation.
- Help maintain & support mission-critical services. Research, Conceive, & Build a new Operations Console Center by working in tandem with Social Product interns.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams with end-to-end responsibility for product development & delivery. Take ownership of the product under the guidance of your mentor.
Who you are
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Passionate about Data & a creative problem solver
- You have a deep understanding of data structures & algorithms & experience writing code in languages such as C++, Java, Scala, or Python.
- You have good knowledge of SQL & RDMS
- Experience with/knowledge of Distributed Systems & Frameworks such as Hadoop & Spark