Working under our Director of Design, the Design Manager will be charged with designing unique environmental experiences. S/he will develop creative & strategic solutions to enhance the brand experience of our physical spaces. The Designer must have a passion for developing exceptional graphic, industrial, & experiential design, both static & dynamic. They must have a strong understanding of how size, scale, color, proportion, materiality, & finish are appropriate for a variety of interior & exterior environmental solutions.
This unique position requires a self-starting innovative creative thinker who pays close attention to art direction & extension, typography & legibility, brand stewardship, & multi-dimensional design development & implementation. Design assignments may include the integration of digital media & the development of digital content.
Knotels team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality & tenacious problem-solving, & the Environmental Graphic Designer will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate & do our best work.
What Youll Do
- Design graphics, branded environment, & signage that connect people to place
- Provide mentorship & support to other designers on the team
- Collaborate with architects, designers, & clients on all aspects of the design process
- Conduct research & generate multiple initial concepts to help solve a variety of problems for our clients
- Integrate messaging, color, imagery, type & composition into two & three-dimensional built environments
Who You Are
You want to take your design experience to the next level at a fast growing & mission driven company. You love making beautiful things, but you are equally excited about developing & rolling out scalable systems.
- 5+ years in corporate identity & environmental design experience
- Proven ability to manage a small team
- Experience in application of Wayfinding Strategy & Signage Packages
- Firm knowledge of: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop; Microsoft Office Suite; Sketchup or other graphic design modeling software; Presentation software such as PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Knowledge of / interest in learning: Sign Agent Pro, CAD, Revit
- Experience designing to local / national signage codes & ordinances
- Strong design aesthetic & typography skills
- Effective written, visual, verbal & presentation communication skills (internal team & client-facing)
Knotel empowers companies to be their most productive by providing tailored, responsive spaces that flex to meet their evolving needs.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup & New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 100 locations across more than 2 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, & Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotels member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, & King. Visit Knotel.com to learn more.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Dont check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Dont Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home & give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal & back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure & sign up for the hairy challenges.
Where is it Engraved- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others & offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual & collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, & religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts & initiatives outlined here.