As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
We are seeking a marketing copywriter to help establish Vox Media as the leading independent modern media company. The copywriter should have a deep understanding of our editorial networks, lines of business, & partnerships.
This position requires a savvy, creative marketer who can cut through the drivel of most B2B campaigns & position Vox Media in a differentiated, compelling way. Were looking for someone who is passionate about our brands, eager to learn, & is comfortable working on any type of copy, from taglines to email newsletters.
What Youll Do - Copywriter, Marketing:
- Craft a distinctive tone of voice for Vox Media to raise the companys profile within the media industry & to our audience, including advertising partners, consumers & job seekers
- Develop new, market-facing brand positioning for Vox Media, including:
- About language
- Mission statement
- Review & revise VoxMedia.com website content to be consistent with overall positioning but also showcase Vox Media news, editorial networks, & lines of business in a cohesive, dynamic, & engaging way
- Help refine & establish tone for Vox Media corporate social accounts including Twitter, LinkedIn, & Instagram
- Write scripts & participant talking points for sizzle reels & other promotional video products
- Collaborate with the Brand ID team on visual representations of Vox Media branding & voice
- Work with the Communications team to craft headlines for industry events & press interviews
- B2B messaging development for sales collateral, industry event collateral, & social/digital/print/out of home awareness campaigns
What Youll Bring - Copywriter, Marketing:
- 3+ years experience copywriting in a media, agency, or brand environment
- Ability to synthesize complex materials to turn in copy points, taglines, mission statements, & blog posts
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, communications, brand design, revenue, editorial network, & consumer revenue teams to achieve company messaging goals
- Manage multiple projects & approval flows simultaneously
- Demonstrate flexible writing styles to appeal to diverse audiences, including consumers, media industry stakeholders, potential advertisers, press, & job seekers
- Able to execute stakeholder feedback & adjust tonal direction quickly & effectively
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.