Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Finance & Accounting organization as we scale for current & future growth & carry out the overall Finance & Accounting mission. We strive for an effective & efficient financial reporting environment. We are looking for an individual excited to bring their passion for process improvement to a collaborative team-based working environment in a fast-growing company.
Twilios Accounting team is a well-rounded group who work closely with each other & leaders across the various groups within the company. You will be a critical part of the Project Management Office & will be successful if you have the following:
- 3+ years at a fast growing software or IT company with a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required; 2 + years public audit experience (Big 4 experience a plus) with a CPA is highly preferred.
- Strong in-depth working knowledge of GAAP, month-end close processes, operational accounting procedures, & financial reporting.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, to effectively present to peers & management.
- Ability to efficiently & effectively prioritize & project manage multiple innovations across teams, as well as work independently with limited required direction.
- Exhibit the leadership skills needed to persuade management & also be an excellent team player.
- Ability to set objectives & drive results while displaying the aptitude for continuous improvement & process redesign.
- Successful track record of accountability & excellence in work performed.
- Experience with large ERP system (Oracle/SAP) & other general accounting applications preferred.
As a Senior Accountant, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Simplify & clearly communicate objectives/requirements for process improvements.
- BE AN OWNER: Perform monthly tasks related to consolidations & reporting to management.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Assist management with projects related to ERP implementation & M&A Integration.
- DRAW THE OWL & BE BOLD: Partner with teams across the organization to drive the implementation & adoption of new technologies & processes
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact & coordinate across teams within Twilio. Assist the Accounting function with Internal Controls management.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Provide intellectual honesty & data driven actions.
The Accounting team at Twilio is essential to our continued growth as a company & ensuring that we produce accurate & complete financials in an efficient manner. Twilio is a complex, high-growth, quickly evolving business. Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.