Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that empower millions of developers, sysadmins, & other internet professionals.
The Digital Experience (DX) teams goal is to create experiences across the DigitalOcean brand & product that both empower & inspire internet professionals. As a Visual Designer, reporting to the Director of Digital Experience, your role will be to create assets, illustrations, & other designs that help grow the DigitalOcean brand & help our products & services engage potential customers.
As a junior or mid-level member of our team, you will work closely in a fast paced environment with a team of developers, designers, program managers & other stakeholders to create branded solutions across various DigitalOcean properties. You will help lead the charge in defining & implementing what our brand looks & feels like, working with other designers, developers, & stakeholders to create the right solution to the problems presented to you. You will always be ready to talk to users, ask questions when you need to, & explain how you came to a solution when called on.
This role will help us shape the DigitalOcean brand for the future, bringing life to our team's goals for our brand in 2021 & beyond. If youre excited about tackling new challenges with a growing brand, we want to hear from you.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Create illustrations & design systems to optimize the brand & customer engagement
- Create display banners to support social & paid media channels
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
- Collaborating with other designers on projects & providing support to developers during the implementation of design changes
- Work on new design initiatives across various departments to fulfill business or product needs
- Contribute to & ensure consistency with our brand guidelines & internal design systems
- Present & defend designs & key deliverables to stakeholders
- Caring about the details, while still moving fast & getting the job done
What Well Expect From You:
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects & your direct contributions
- Should be a self-starter - highly self-motivated & entrepreneurial
- Able to distill feedback, choose what's actionable & what's not, & be a pleasure to work with along the way
- Detail oriented & extremely organized with an ability to multitask & prioritize against the business needs of the company
- History of working closely with stakeholders to create & develop quality customer experiences through conversion channels that leverage data driven design decisions
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, content strategy) on technical implementation
- Experience using design tooling such as Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or similar design tools (Adobe After Effects experience is a plus)
- Excellent verbal & visual communication skills, with the ability to explain complicated concepts in a clear & concise way
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!