Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, & technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one weve made to our customers, doctors, & partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet & healthcare investors in the world & is rapidly expanding across the country.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & have a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
- As a Site Reliability Engineer at Capsule, you will be responsible for the design & deployment procedures of Capsule's customer facing applications & internal facing tools in collaboration with fellow software engineers.
What Youll Do:
- Design & implement monitoring, logging, & alerting solutions; & operational remediations at scale around applications & underlying infrastructure.
- Design scalable solutions that enable simple & elegant management, implementation, & automation of complex infrastructure systems.
- Design & maintain disaster recovery scenarios.
- Design the systems & processes that engineers use to manage & deploy their software in production.
- You have 5+ years of experience in a cloud engineering or equivalent role.
- You have deep experience with Linux system administration.
- You have experience with Container orchestration, Cloud-native architecture (AWS, GCP and/or Azure), & Infrastructure as Code (eg. Terraform, Helm, Cloudformation, Ansible, or Puppet).
- You have experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Python, Go, Perl, Ruby, or Rust.
- You have a passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with a well-honed sense of ownership.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates & you give & get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better & be successful.
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed & challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form & live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.