Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking for a SEO Content Marketing Associate to join our growing marketing team. Reporting to our Senior Content Marketing Manager & working closely with our SEO Lead, youll assist in the organic growth of Codecademy through content that helps new learners discover us & inspires them to take the next step.
In this role, youll be responsible for a mix of content writing, content editing, & content optimization to support SEO initiatives on the Codecademy blog & Codecademy website. Youll also conduct keyword research & collaborate on content briefs to ensure that content created by our freelance writing staff & copywriters is optimized.
This role will require a blend of analytical thinking & creativity. You not only understand the relationship between SEO & content, but you get just as excited about providing value to the readers that discover your content as you do about seeing your work appear at the top of the SERP or in a featured snippet.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Write SEO-optimized content for the Codecademy blog & website landing pages
- Craft optimized meta titles & descriptions for website pages & titles, descriptions, & tags for the Codecademy YouTube channel
- Assist with the production of content briefs, outlining key SEO elements to share with freelance writers & copywriters
- Assist with keyword research, identifying opportunities for the optimization of existing content & creation of new content for content marketing initiatives
- Implement optimizations to existing content on the Codecademy website & blog
- Monitor the performance of the content you create
WHAT YOULL NEED
- 2+ years experience writing content to drive organic traffic
- Experience writing blog posts & landing page copy, as well as writing meta titles & descriptions on the back end
- Knowledge of SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- Experience with keyword research, including identifying keyword gaps & opportunities & implementing findings to optimize the performance of content
- Empathy for the customer. You can put yourself in the readers shoes & create content that will provide value
- Experience writing about technical topics in a way thats clear & easy to understand
- Experience working directly with a CMS, such as Wordpress or Contentful
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- A record of writing content that drives organic traffic & ranks in the SERP
- B2C and B2B marketing experience
- Experience in high-growth start-up environments
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through coding education is a plus
- Experience with SEMrush, Google Search Console, Google Analytics is a plus
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT 3-5 WRITING SAMPLES IN ORDER FOR THEIR APPLICATIONS TO BE REVIEWED.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.