What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love & innovation to a long overlooked & underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food & goods made just for cats & the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, & born out of Harrys Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's, Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture & toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cats & the cat persons needs in everything we make & do. Its all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though small, our vision is grand. We arent just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; were redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the Role
Cat Perons Social Media & Content Associate will create perpetually fresh content that educates & entertains the Cat Person community & brings even more cat parents into our world. 80% content creator & 10% designer, this role will be in charge of interpreting social trends, creating new ones, & working within branded design templates when needed. (Youll surprise us with the other 10%.) This is a unique opportunity to be in-house, helping to build a consumer brand from the ground up.
The ideal candidate is first & foremost, passionate about cats. They are the first to know when a moment like the Zoom call with the Lawyer-cat happens or what is going on on cattok. They are a social media expert, ingrained in trends & culture, quick-witted & able to act on emerging conversations & cultural moments on behalf of the brand.
This role reports to the Head of Communications & Creative.
What you will accomplish:
- You will work with the Social Media Manager to execute the social strategy in focused & purposeful ways.
- Support growth efforts when needed. This could mean creating content that could also work as a paid social ad or working with the lead designer to update existing design templates for emails or landing pages.
- You will pitch entertaining, relatable, & educational Cat Person content ideas for social channels.
- Then youll bring those ideas to life! Film & edit content in your home & in the office. Or at your local cat cafe. Or at your friends house who also has a cat. Or at a cat adoption event. Or inside of photoshop on your computer.
- Youll stay on top of culture to create content natively and/or brainstorm timely stories with the team that drive attention for Cat Person & reinforce the brand POV.
This should describe you:
- You are a cat person. Youre passionate about cats & actively create & interact with cat content, culture & the community in social or out in the world. (You may even have social accounts for your own cat).
- Youre a creator. You have experience creating social media content for brands. You know how to capture content natively within apps like Instagram & TikTok & are familiar with the specifications & nuances of social assets.
- You have strong creative concepting & pitching skills. You have great ideas & you can get us excited about them.
- You are confident! You're comfortable being on camera. Star power welcome.
- Excellent people skills. Youre a full time collaborator.
- 100% game to get their hands dirty & hustle to build something (no task to small mentality)
- Able to thrive in fast-paced environments where you can move fast & adapt quickly
- You are able to spot trends & creatively think outside of the box to capitalize on them in line with the brand & our consumer audience.
- Extensive knowledge & understanding of social channels (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, Giphy, etc.),
- Proficiency with a range of Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator)
Here's who youll will work with:
About Cat Person
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats & cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats & products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, & thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, & marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market & flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded by a small team of passionate cat people & launched in March 2020. Today, it is part of the Harry's family of brands.
Cat Person & Harrys are committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $71,200-$97,900, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.