BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
In this role, youll:
- Create & maintain compelling technical & sales centric PaaS content including presentations, site content & tools
- Consult with the Pure field, partners & customers on strategic opportunities
- Lead Global PaaS vTeams, SE Bootcamps, SKO & Accelerate Sessions
- Partner with solutions, Engineering & PM teams to drive new service centric offerings around storage, data protection & full stack with key strategic partners
- Work closely with FA, FB, Pure1 & PaaS PM & Engineering teams to drive service centric customer requirements
- Research & stay up to date on as-a-Service competitive landscape
- Consult with Customer Success team around customer sizing, scaling & customer escalations
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Education & experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required.
- A Bachelor of Science or Masters degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrate ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects.
- Enterprise Pre-sales experience in infrastructure and/or cloud space
- Demonstrated experience in authoring technical white papers as well as project outlining and/or planning is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret performance data from operating systems. Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting is highly desired
- Public speaking skills are required, as you will be representing Pure Storage at various industry events.
- Enterprise high availability & replication knowledge at application or storage level is a plus.
- Product knowledge:
- Thorough understanding of leading enterprise storage platforms (Pure, NetApp, EMC, HDS etc)
- Strong pre-sales & consulting acumen working with sales teams, enterprise customers & partners
- Working knowledge of data migration, replication & cloud gateways is a big plus.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the backup / recovery platforms like Veeam, CommVault, Veritas NetBackup, Networker, IBM Spectrum Protect (a.k.a Tivoli) .
- Working knowledge of PBBAs (purpose build backup appliances) like Veritas NetBackup appliance, Data Domain, Rubrik or Cohesity
- Thorough knowledge of emerging storage protocols like Amazon S3 & its applicability to Data protection is a must
- Basic programming knowledge is a plus
Strong execution skills:
- Ability to plan, outline & publish professional technical & sales centric content on schedule.
- Ability to translate complex customer requirements into architectures that deliver customer business value
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team & cross-functionally within & outside the company.
- Ability to communicate in a clear & concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal & written communications.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities & tasks within a dynamic work environment.
- Some travel, domestic & international, is required.
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.