Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health develops breakthrough diagnostic technologies to improve cancer management. With Guardant360, we offer real-time, biopsy-free tumor sequencing that tracks tumor genomics in real-time & identifies associated treatment options. The assay is used by more than 6,000 oncologists & we partner with more than 50 biopharma companies.
Guardant Health raised over $550M from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, OrbiMed & Softbank, before having a successful IPO on NASDAQ in 2018. Guardant is led by a seasoned management team of thought leaders & successful serial entrepreneurs in next generation sequencing & rare cell diagnostics. They are advised by an oncologist-led medical steering committee from leading cancer centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to perform laboratory management duties, as well as help develop, test & validate novel technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Research Associate in the Technology Development team, you will work with our laboratory manager to maintain laboratory equipment as our laboratory scales.Moreover, you will collaborate cross-functionally with members of technology development & clinical operations to perform NGS experiments. You will be hands-on in the lab, participating in efforts to develop, implement, validate, & transfer assays to our clinical lab. You will participate in teams supporting the maintenance of IVD & LDT products & ensure all work is performed & documented in compliance with applicable regulatory & quality practices (FDA, ISO13485). An ideal candidate would have some level of knowledge with NGS assay development & good documentation practice (GDP).
- Strong foundation in molecular biology techniques, with preferred experience in the areas of sample preparation for NGS
- Demonstrated ability to organize, document & communicate scientific data
- Sense of humor is a must
- Consummate team player: demonstrated ability to contribute in an environment where numerous contributions are required to accomplish complex goals
- Quantitative/analytical mindset- ability to segment complex problems into fundamental parts/basic principles, develop models & experimental tests for those models, & synthesize results into actionable solutions
- Curiosity & drive
Your background includes:
- BSc. in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or related field
- The ability to handle biological samples (i.e. tissue, biofluid, etc) is a must
- Willing to do manual, repetitive lab work is a must
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Knowledge of GDP
- Hands-on experience in running NGS sequencing platforms & assays
- Experience with process automation for nucleic acid extraction & sample preparation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.