We at 1stdibs are looking to hire a Gallery Lead for our soon-to-be-launched Flagship Gallery of the future. This role will be focused on delivering world-class service to our distinguished Trade buyers as well as supporting this small but dynamic team in all aspects of a successful Gallery, particularly selling high-end furniture, accessories, & art.
Are you passionate about creating luxurious, beautiful experiences while selling rare, unique & elevated product? Are you an eloquent communicator & a people person who loves cultivating relationships & pulling together clients, business partners as well as internal teams to execute with a sales & service mindset? If so, we would love for you to join the 1stdibs family.
In addition to sales & service, youll be working closely with 50 of 1stdibs most exciting sellers & fostering deeper relationships with the Trade, their clients, & our seller community. Being one of our first hires, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of this integrated, omnichannel experience that connects the Gallery & our website.
As a creative & passionate luxury sales guru, you will bring 3-5 years of relationship selling experience with high-net-worth clientele & businesses. In a supervisory capacity at our new Gallery, you should be willing to rise to a challenge & jump in & get your hands dirty - no task is too big or too small for you. From receiving a shipment, to closing a sale, you want to learn, iterate & perform in a dynamic, quickly-evolving environment. You are comfortable with change & possess a can-do attitude, the ability to multitask, high emotional intelligence, & strong critical thinking which will make you flourish in this role.
What youll do
- Be a 1stdibs brand ambassador to all clients who visit the Gallery & lead by example for all team members, embodying one of our core values, Create beautiful experiences
- Mentor & guide junior team members. Handle all escalations in the absence of the Manager & make judgment calls as needed
- Carry out the opening/closing procedures of the Gallery & support with all operational & logistical tasks as needed
- Lead on the floor selling & meet & exceed personal sales & service criteria while contributing to team goals
- Ensure the Gallery represents the best-in-design by utilizing visual directives, presentation, & general housekeeping standards
- Assist with the maintenance of Gallery procedures in order to maximize profit & manage expense control goals (e.g., scheduling, managing shipments, controllable expenses, & supplies)
- Managing load in/out of new/sold stock & ad hoc picking & packing of sold items
What youll bring
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of retail and/or Gallery experience, with 1+ years in a leadership capacity
- A functional knowledge of the luxury retail sector as well as an interest in high-end design
- Understanding of when & how to engage with buyers based on where they are in the sales lifecycle; excellent instincts & proven ability in closing the deal & developing repeat clientele
- A relentless passion for providing the highest level of service & a willingness to go above & beyond in order to ensure a beautiful customer experience
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational & interpersonal communication skills & the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to routinely move objects weighing more than 25 lbs & to understand safety requirements
- Ability to maneuver effectively around the Gallery floor, stock room & office
- Position entails prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, bending & climbing
This role will follow 1stdibs Gallery hours which will be between 9:30 am - 6:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Ability to work select evenings & weekends for events is required.
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion, & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.