About the team
The People Team at Harry's is here to make Harrys a better place to do great work, grow our people, & build an innovative business. We are looking for enthusiastic, humble, & curious people-loving-people to join us!
About the role
This role is made for someone who cares deeply about building compelling compensation programs that uniquely support both the employees & the company for which they work. You know compensation isnt one-size fits all, & you are dedicated to creating compensation programs that enhance the employee experience. You are excited by the challenge of transforming our approach to compensation, & creating & delivering training that strengthens the understanding around compensation for our leaders & our team. Harrys is also embarking on a multi-year journey towards greater compensation transparency, so this role is tailor made for someone motivated to evolve our philosophy & build processes & practices that enable us to share deeper insights & data with our team.
As the Sr. Manager, Compensation, you will be an integral part of the People Team with a focus on US, UK, & Canadian compensation & long term incentives through our equity plan. We are looking for an innovative & customer centric person to design, implement, & communicate compensation plans that attract & retain our talented team.
What you will accomplish
- You will help design & implement thoughtful & innovative compensation bands for the organization. You will dig in with People Business Partners (PBPs) & VPs to understand the complexity & nuance of our teams & roles to ensure these bands can scale effectively with the organization's growth.
- Once built, you will help develop compelling training for our Leadership & People Management community on how to use the bands for new hires, internal offers, & during the promotion/compensation process to make well informed & fair compensation decisions.
- You will help evolve our compensation philosophy, constantly pressure testing it to ensure we have the right mix of incentives for our team to keep up with the ever changing compensation environment. You will also lead our approach on compensation transparency, navigating what, how & when we share deeper insights & data with our team.
- You will ensure our compensation practices remain fair & equitable by gathering the latest benchmark data, keeping a pulse on the market through our Recruiters & PBPs, & constantly reviewing internal team compensation. You will develop a process for reviewing offers to ensure both internal parity, & competitiveness with the external market. You will also lead our pay equity analysis process with internal & external partners as needed. You will partner with PBPs to make changes to our processes & compensation data based on the outputs of the analysis.
- You will review & enhance our equity program to ensure it is competitive, highly retentive & thoughtfully designed for both new hires & our existing team. You will help build creative & innovative communications that increase employees' understanding of the potential value of their equity. You will take the lead on reviewing our burn rate, overhang analysis, & other dilution analyses.
- You will partner with Finance to develop global compensation budgets, forecast spend, & build a process to ensure our annual & mid-year changes fall within budget & are aligned to business goals.
This should describe you
- You approach problems innovatively & design creative solutions when an obvious one might not exist. You care deeply about the programs & processes you build, ensuring they will work for our team & our unique business.
- Have a proven track record of building, implementing & communicating compensation solutions for high growth organizations of various stages & sizes in ways that enhance employees understanding of the programs.
- Will be the trusted go-to resource on compensation. You understand that the nature of a People Team is highly collaborative & a cross functional department & get excited to partner with others, whether it be Recruiting, PBPs, hiring managers, Finance or Legal.
- Are a consistent voice of reason & are balanced in your approach. You know how to advocate for your point of view & listen to others to get to the best answer for our team.
- Love all things related to data. You have an ability to see data & numbers & know how to translate this into something meaningful. Youre willing to get deep into the data when the situation calls for it. You bring an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Highly organized & great at multitasking. You have systems & processes in place to ensure nothing falls through the cracks. You don't get stressed with a lot thrown at you, & can execute quickly but with a high degree of accuracy.
- Have excellent judgment & ability to think critically. You have a strong ability to independently make prudent, well-informed decisions, & maintain confidentiality. You operate with a high level of autonomy & have the ability to problem solve, with a track record of solid decision making.
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Director of People Operations
- Working on the People Team
- Working cross-functionally with & becoming the trusted go-to resource on compensation for Recruiting, PBPs, Finance, & VPs
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.