We're seeking an experienced engineering leader who will share Splice's passion for democratizing the music creation process & lead our distributed engineering team to success. As VPE, you will oversee feature development & delivery -- that is, getting product out the door, keeping the team moving, & ensuring the team is hitting their mark. You will help the team do their best work by inspiring & instilling a sense of purpose/innovation & removing obstacles that get in the teams way. You will partner with & across cross-functional teams to ensure engineering efforts are aligned with Splice goals.
The VPE will offer technical direction & put the necessary roles & processes in place to ensure sound decisions are made by identifying & surfacing staffing needs, elevating our hiring processes, & scaling our rapidly growing team through a lens of representation & inclusion. You will create cohesion at the engineering management layer, structure, & lead a diverse team for development efficiency as well as plan strategically for the growth, development, & evolution of its team members.
As advocates for artists everywhere, were building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, were cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, & growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can & asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation & iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, & transparency in the workplace. Were trailblazers who arent afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, & even ourselves.
We dont just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What Youll Do?
- Lead, mentor, & grow a 50+ distributed, diverse engineering team
- Run day-to-day engineering operations in Agile approach
- Oversee the development, implementation & execution of multiple projects, ensuring scope & schedule are established for projects; oversee operating plan & resource allocation for the department, including prioritization & staff deployment; acts based on changed priorities
- Drive product delivery & results, making progress through action during periods of scale
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, & marketing to ship next-generation products & increase cohesion between product/design & engineering
- Determine OKRs, project planning & resource requirements to accomplish projects & support users
- Formulate & execute process & organizational improvements (establish coding standards, best practices, tech tools adoption) which enhancing overall effectiveness; proactively seek ways to improve people & management processes
- Manage engineering morale, retention, culture, & performance
- Provide career development, coaching, mentorship & sponsorship, & cultivate emerging leaders
What Were Looking For?
- You are a great manager & team builder
- You have experience with distributed systems
- You have experience with cross platform client development
- You communicate clearly & effectively with technical & non-technical audiences
- You share our vision
- You value diverse & inclusive teams
- Youre self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes
- You have a bias towards action & experimentation
- You care about quality - it drives you
- You are deep technically & can mentor & guide all levels of engineers
- Background in audio, interactive music creation technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity & inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.