In this Role:
At Tala, we are connecting millions of people to the financial services they deserve. The BI team operates in a nimble working style, flexing between a variety of business questions & data needs at the company. We are asked to investigate & solve big questions other companies have yet to find solutions for such as digital identity management & understanding customers fully based on their mobile data. You will be part of an innovative & fast growing team that pushes to provide access, choice, & control to thousands of customers.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will drive optimizations by converting raw data into actionable insights. By tying together our mobile, demographic, operational, & spending data points, you will generate models & insights that will push our strategy around the globe. As we scale & innovate our approaches to reaching new customers, you will validate which generates sustainable growth & develop a deep understanding of our user base. Our social mission requires you to provide quantitatively-driven & socially-conscious decisioning every day.
This role will be based out of our Santa Monica, CA office.
What You'll Do:
- Move beyond descriptive & predictive analytics to provide prescriptive solutions to optimization problems.
- Quantitatively validate our strategy
- Problem solve: you translate vague business questions into specific data-driven solutions
- Knowledge share: coach other team members in their work, translate complex data theories into learning opportunities
What Were Looking For:
- 1-2 years in a marketing or product-oriented analytics position at a high-growth company (or equivalent experience)
- BA/BS in a quantitative field
- Proficient in at least one analytics language (ex. Python, R)
- Proficient in SQL, GitHub, bash commands
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with an early stage analytics team
- Experience in emerging markets in a professional or personal capacity
- Advanced modeling & machine learning expertise outside of school or Kaggle
- Able to look beyond the immediate deliverable, find the real data problem, & solve for it
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation & were proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds & experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology & data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, & Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture & impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, & Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, & Bangalore.