Location: New York, NY or open to remote
Reports to: SVP, Strategic Finance
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies & financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public & private contentincluding company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, & equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 450 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, & India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by supporting capital allocation decisions across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; tracking, interpreting & disseminating key performance indicators; & by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
We are looking for a financial modeling expert to own & update AlphaSenses financial model as a Strategic Finance Manager. In this role, you will help our executive team make important business decisions by ensuring that our primary financial model is accurate & up-to-date. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a strategic problem solver, with impeccable excel skills, attention to detail, & the ability to work with executive-level stakeholders across the business. You are someone who has the finance skills & confidence to build something from scratch, & who finds that type of challenge more exciting than intimidating. If you have a background in finance, an understanding of SaaS operating models, & you are a dynamic & driven self-starter, this could be a great opportunity for you to jumpstart your career in corporate finance.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years experience in Investment Banking, sell side research covering SaaS companies or FP&A at a publicly traded SaaS company
- Experience building SaaS or tech company budgets, forecasts, & operating models
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, with impeccable integrity & attention to detail
- Strong communicator; able to parse nuanced data & draw actionable conclusions
- Driven & self-motivated to start & finish projects under tight deadlines
- Exceptional financial modeling skills using excel and/or google sheets
What Youll Do:
- Own the companys financial model; work with business leaders & FP&A team to maintain accuracy & implement scalable, automated processes to keep it up to date
- Be the gatekeeper of the financial model & an expert on all inputs, drivers & dependencies
- Lead monthly re-forecasting based on latest actual results & guidance from senior leadership
- Work cross-functionally to enhance, create, & report key performance indicators across the business
- Provide executive-level management with insightful & data-driven recommendations, planning & reporting support
- Weekly tracking of key metrics & updating key models to reflect current trends
- Business & functional level analysis & reporting of actual & forecast spend
- Develop new reports to meet the changing requirements of the business & the needs of company stakeholders
- Participation in ad-hoc projects within FP&A / Strategic Finance & other teams
- Strategic finance support in relation to fundraising, M&A & partnership efforts
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, & respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSenses commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, & termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances where a particular employee works.