At White Ops, we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprisesincluding the largest internet platformsfrom sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look & act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, & commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. Its an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cyber crime, & keep it human.
In this role, you will be part of a team of highly skilled and, sometimes quirky, hackers, intelligence Investigators & software engineers who continuously hunt for threats, develop detection techniques, & share intel & attribution for cybercrime activity with the goal of protecting our customers & keeping the internet human.
You should be passionately curious & strive to work smart & fast to help produce insights that White Ops has never seen before. You must use your skills to proactively identify new & emerging threats, hunt cyber threats to pinpoint nefarious activities on the internet & attribute these threats to botnets, campaigns, & actors.
What you will do:
- Lead & perform investigations to respond to threat detection & intelligence requests utilizing threat hunting or intelligence analysis best practices
- Perform research & author case studies & blog posts on bot detection
- Discover & track adversary tactics, techniques, & procedures (TTPs) leveraging bots & botnets
- Understand customer specific requirements & impact & exceed customer expectations
- Share security research topics through research talks, knowledge base & external engagements including media interviews & conference presentations
- Investigate threat intelligence & marker data for both anomalous & correlated events
- Develop techniques, tools & scripts to simplify yours & others work
- Contribute high impact work that substantially benefits team level metrics & OKRs
Who you are:
- You have a strong sense of ownership that drives you to find ways to do things better & faster
- You look for new, innovative ways to solve complex problems, ideally through rigorous experimentation, at times working independently
- You are open, transparent, & work in tight collaboration with anyone
- You are comfortable communicating in a decentralized work environment & across organizations
- You have a track record of solving difficult problems
- You are naturally curious & passionate about learning & growing your skillset
- You have the ability, & more importantly, the passion to teach, coach, & mentor individuals & contribute frequently to educate the greater community
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401(k), & commuter benefits
- Competitive salary & commission structure
- Medical & dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Professional development fund
- Great coaching from senior leaders & challenging development opportunities
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, & career growth. We are doing meaningful work & we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor & Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, & London.