Dropbox is looking for software engineers to come build the next generation of work collaboration tools. This role is for engineers who are looking to specialize in desktop platform development. The Desktop UI Platform team builds core desktop technologies that have enabled Dropbox to pivot into the foreground space.
The platform we built utilizes web technologies to render rich experience to our users on Mac, Linux, & Windows. As part of the team, you would be central to empowering our product engineers to quickly innovate on desktop. Were in the midst of evolving the platform to leverage new technologies such as Electron. A primary role for this position will be to execute on & help shape that vision.
Software Engineers are at the heart of everything we do at Dropbox, & in a typical week youll be expected to develop new features in a multi-functional team of designers, product managers, project managers, & quality assurance engineers. Software engineers are also responsible for the quality of the code & systems they produce, working hand-in-hand with customer experience & quality assurance Dropboxers to ensure that our product continues to serve the needs of our tens of millions of users.
- You will use technologies like Electron to accelerate desktop development
- You will build a platform that can be used by product engineers so that they can be as productive as possible
- You will write modular, secure, & well-tested code
- You will design & build software capable of reaching millions of daily users in Python, React, & Typescript
- You will ensure that our development environment is best in class by delivering improvements to internal tooling & direct partnership with our product platform teams
- You will work closely with customer support to respond quickly to issues for our users & solve those in a permanent & scalable way
- You will articulate a technical vision for a more enlightened way of working & work with multi-functional partners to deliver that vision
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of work related industry experience
- A desire to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate, we'd love to learn more about you & find out if we can work together
- Familiarity with C/C++, Objective-C, Typescript, Python, Electron, Node, and/or React is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends & family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology & other relevant professional topics)