Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, & grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult & expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware & software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, & more. We're working to find new & better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms-and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a Product Manager on Square Capital, you will design & build our lending products. You will be focused on helping sellers by understanding & meeting their financing needs for several use cases, by creating simple, transparent & fair financial products that expand access to sellers that need it the most. By collaborating closely with designers, engineers, analysts, & other cross-functional team members within the organization, you will oversee the end-end development of products that amaze & delight our users. If you're looking to affect the growth & direction of a company while helping & educating small businesses, you will find this role compelling & rewarding.
- Build an understanding & empathy with our customers
- Identify market opportunities & competition, build business cases & determine product strategy
- Manage the entire product life cycle from planning to execution
- Communicate progress on initiatives to cross-functional partners
- 7+ years of product management experience or equivalent
- Customer empathy & experience shaping product direction based on customer needs
- Experience shipping & iterating on successful products at scale, with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership, the ability to guide product strategy & build consensus with senior engineers & designers
- Commitment to continuous improvement with the ability to take an idea & bring it to life independently
- Passionate about Square's mission to expand access to capital to more businesses of all sizes
- Entrepreneurial & self-starter; with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance, & excited about the opportunity to own a part of Square Capital's business results
- An analytical thinker with the ability to independently pull data & distill it into meaningful recommendations
- Able to create recommendations with conviction with the ability to revise your original line of thinking based upon new information
At Square, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name & preferred method of contact, & we will respond as soon as possible.