At Appian, we support our federal customers mission by delivering low-code solutions, both on our managed cloud environment & with our customers provided infrastructure. Appians Customer Success organization works closely with our federal customers, advising & supporting them on how to architect & secure Appian based-solutions. To support this goal, Appian Customer Success, is looking for a Federal Infrastructure & Security Architect to help our federal customers establish the strategy & overarching designs for their private cloud & on-premise implementations, & to guide them through the governments IT security authorization process.
The architect will have deep experience with architecting cloud base hosting solutions for DoD and/or IC customers, using Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure. Additionally, the candidate will have the experience needed to guide the customer through the design of a government provided end-to-end managed services, including solutioning core operational & governance processes. And the architect will possess a deep understanding of NISTs Risk Management Framement (RMF), providing the government guidance across all RMF processes & support the development of System Security Packages.
- Work with customers to understand security policies, requirements & compliance needs
- Identify, define & document system security requirements & recommend solutions
- Review results of vulnerability scans & penetration test results & identify solutions
- Work with customers CISO office to initiate & guide the team through the ATO process for Appian
- Advise customers (DoD, Intel & FedCiv) on the design, architecture & implementation of Appian solutions on a customers private cloud or on-premise hosting solution, and/or integrating Appian government cloud offerings with the customers infrastructure.
- Experience architecting & defining DevSecOps pipelines & Infrastructure Automation, using toolsets like Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.
- Advise customers on the architecture, design & implementation of government managed services, including governance & end-to-end operations functions.
- Lead the development of documentation (e.g. SSPs & ICDs) & evidence in support of security controls review
- Review POA&Ms & recommend measures to resolve. Review Health Check reports for any issues that may relate to security & recommend appropriate measures.
- Lead the definition of market offerings & capabilities/IP related to federal infrastructure & security
- Support the development & review of whitepapers & pre-sales solutioning & proposal development
- Maintain expertise of relevant federal government cloud security regulations, directives & industry trends, including FedRAMP, DoD & NIST/FISMA requirements, & serve as Appians resident expert on IL4-6 & FedRAMP High requirements.
- At least 5 years of experience advising customers on design & implementation of government cloud computing platforms within the DoD and/or Intel space, & at least 10 years of multi-tier application design & architecture.
- Experience with architecting secure cloud based hosting solutions for federal customers using Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure. Leadership experience designing, architecting or delivering one or more enterprise-level cloud environments (e.g. C2S, JWICS, GovCloud, etc.). Experience architecting cross domain solutions
- At least 5 years of experience architecting secure applications, including designing role-based security, data encryption (at rest & in flight), & multi factor SSO solutions (CAC/PIV)
- Demonstrated experience with the FISMA RMF processes including Impact Level 4 to 6 requirements, & FedRAMP & DoD CSO
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Ability to lead to application & infrastructure solution design
- Excellent problem solving skills & talent for identifying creative solutions
- Ability to identify & lead the creation of market offerings, & lead the formulation of corporate capabilities & IP
- Knowledge of agile development & DevSecOps
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- AWS Solution Architect Certification and/or Azure Solutions Architect Certification
- CISSP certification, preferred
- Security+ Certification, preferred
- US Citizenship required
- Possession of or ability to obtain a US government DoD clearance. TS/SCI with CI Poly strongly preferred
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.