Company Description|Job Description
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
We develop our own backend solution to support many of our games. Within this framework, the responsibilities & requirements are as follows.
- Develop new server features & maintain existing code base;
- Write the specifications before undertaking the development of new features;
- Diagnose & solve problems to improve code robustness;
- Work closely with other programmers to provide gaming server-compliant services;
- Develop & perform functional & load testing;
- Optimize the code, considering that the live & online status of the game.
- Experience & knowledge of the REST & WebSocket communication protocol.
- Work experience (development & deployment) with web services technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, & Microsoft Azure;
- In-depth experience & knowledge of relational & non-relational databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL or other);
- Extensive experience & knowledge of data modeling with a focus on performance & maintenance;
- Experience in load testing with distributed load generators.
- Development experience in a Linux environment;
- Web application development experience with React & / or Angular;
- Experience with AWS Kinesis, RabbitMQ or other messaging systems;
- Experience profiling & optimizing server systems (networks, CPU, memory, IO);
- Server / client development experience, including security & network traffic management.