About the role: The culinary & hospitality elements of business during service is the glue to our operation, & you are responsible for maintaining high standards. Leading chefs in training during high volume shifts & supporting administrative & cash handling duties is your vice. As your heart lies in the kitchen, you will use your strong decision-making skills to deliver high quality food & service.
With a genuine love for food, you will be tasting dishes, adjusting temperatures, & staying up to speed in a fast-paced environment. The Sous Chef acts as an integral team member during shifts & can oversee multiple areas of the restaurant. Maintaining responsibility during opening & closing shifts keeps your role dynamic as you strengthen your skills to lead. We are looking to have you on our team to grow & develop in our restaurants.
About the team: Our restaurant teams are evolving within the structure of our inspired version of the fine-dining kitchen brigade. Overseeing your chefs in training, you will report to your executive sous chef & collaborate with a field chef from our culinary team. The restaurant teams provide our guests with an experience that goes beyond a great meal.
- Manage your prep list & communicate with your leaders on food inventory, ensuring your walk-in is fully-stocked & organized
- Motivate & develop chefs in training by modeling culinary expertise & a good attitude
- Speak to current menu offerings, seasonality, & promotions with our guests & team members
- Take ownership of restaurant cleanliness by setting up the opening shift for success & closing with confidence that the restaurant is prepared for the next day's operations
- Follow Dig Inn & health department standards
- Stand & walk for extended periods of time
- Work with a multifaceted environment, communicating with guests & employees to ensure culinary excellence at all points of the shift
- Demonstrate professional maturity
- Go home feeling fulfilled
- 1+ year leadership experience in a culinary and/or foodservice environment
- The ability to demonstrate & execute an exceedingly strong work ethic
- Skills to motivate & develop chefs in training on your team
- Food Safety Certification
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs)
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves & pitch in whenever necessary
- An appreciation for the people you work with
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire for growth in our brigade
- A passion for real, good food
Work Perks: Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive pay) we also offer:
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our missionbuilding kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.