When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
And were just getting started
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
You will report to the General Manager France & work very closely with the French management team.
You will be a part of a high profile management team, helping solve the most critical strategy & execution problems in Deliveroos second largest country
You will be responsible for tracking country performance, identifying areas of improvement & potential roadblocks as well as setting granular targets & designing processes to enable achievement of high-level targets
You will manage a small local team of analysts to support strategy & performance management with analytical insights
You will oversee the implementation of high-impact cross-functional projects that cut across the major verticals of marketing, commercial & operations
Along the way, you will be building cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders, motivate teams & individuals to achieve goals, while enforcing accountability
The Business Strategy Manager will work extremely closely with the General Manager of Deliveroo France. This is a unique opportunity for a smart, ambitious professional to get great exposure in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- 2-3 years work experience in a top Strategy Consulting or Banking firm
- Fluent in French & English
- Advanced Excel skills & excellent analytical & numerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & presentation skills
- Experience of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work quickly with tight deadlines
- A passion for food
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you have helped build. We're moving real assets & reinventing the logistics of food delivery
- Work in a fun, exciting company culture with people who enjoy what they are doing
- Being part of a team instigating the expansion of a global brand
- The opportunity to make an impact & grow with the business
- Regular off-sites with the team
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, were always looking for new ideas & were very transparent about the decisions we make & why we make them. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth & personal impact is enormous.
Benefits & Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.