Who We Are
The Farmers Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, & Glossier, & are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmers Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & much-needed change to the way people feed & care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
Were looking for an experienced Senior CRM & Lifecycle manager to play a crucial role in leading how The Farmers Dog communicates with its leads, customers, former customers, & evangelists. Your job will be to own our customers communication lifecycle - including campaign planning & optimization, the CDP/ESP infrastructure to support your bold ideas & innovative multivariate tests, & all relevant 3rd party relationships.
In the role, youll partner closely with teams across the business (Acquisition, Brand, CX, Operations, Data Strategy & Insights, Engineering, etc.) to build a best-in-class customer lifecycle. Youll work on everything from gaining a deep, nuanced understanding of how to overcome barriers to purchase via high-impact, sophisticated experimentation to strategizing how & when we communicate new products to our most loyal customers. Youll also work cross-functionally to ensure that our customers email & SMS experiences are as enjoyable & seamless as the products they receive in their boxes.
This is an opportunity to take ownership of a team & CRM/Martech stack that can support nearly-infinite levels of personalization & segmentation. Youll have real ownership over improving our customers lives (and the lives of their four-legged companions!) while making a foundational impact on our growth efforts.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Lead our CRM strategy & take the reins on implementing high-impact initiatives across the customer lifecycle that accelerate active customer growth & revenue generation.
- Partner with our Data Strategy & Insights (DSI) team to upgrade & optimize our CRM reporting framework, launch impactful longitudinal experiments, & measure CRM initiatives' impact on cohort retention & revenue generation.
- Own our sophisticated CDP/CRM infrastructure - constantly working to evolve & improve how, when, & what were able to communicate with our customers.
- Oversee our CRM Associate(s) & the campaign deployment process to ensure impactful campaigns launch smoothly (and mistake free!).
- Partner closely with our Customer Experience (CX) team to leverage lifecycle automation to improve customer & agent experience.
- Own the email deployment calendar while working cross-functionally with Brand, CX, Tech, etc.
- Manage any & all relevant third-party relationships & contracts.
We're Excited About You Because
- 5-8+ years of experience in CRM/Lifecycle campaign management at a consumer company.
- Expert in email & SMS automation. Bonus points for experience with CDPs like Simon Data, Iterable, Optimove, etc.
- Strong to expert-level SQL skills
- Working knowledge of HTML, Java-based templating languages (Jinja, Django, ESP-specific, etc.), & a high-level understanding of JSON.
- Strong analytical skills & a proven track record of working with data to drive email campaign ideation & business results.
About The Growth Team
We have five principles that describe our approach:
- Holistic thinking: We know that nothing exists in a silo.
- Disciplined prioritization: We need to bring perspective, clarity & guidance to the team.
- Data-driven decision-making: We use first principles & are skeptical. We establish context.
- Proactive collaboration: We build vast common knowledge & encourage synchronous, streamlined work from our colleagues & diversity in problem-solving.
- Execute for impact: We are responsible for the growth of the business & the perception of our brand. We are resilient, accountable & relentless.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
- Flexible PTO & WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota