This is a hands-on Senior DevOps role with Build & Release focus, supporting Magic Leap's mission-critical services, systems & infrastructure tailored for the software organization. In this position, you will be a member of stellar team architecting, deploying, provisioning & supporting Magic Leaps systems in a hybrid environment.
You will help to choose & deploy open-source & proprietary tools & technologies to build & support a cutting edge technology environment, with an emphasis on continuous integration & continuous deployment, high availability systems & services with a low tolerance for the downtime, software releases.
- Deploy & maintain high availability solutions in both multi-cloud environment & multiple colocations with physical assets
- Automate provisioning, monitoring, configuration management & deployments by using industry best practices & tools
- Provide day-to-day operational support of mission-critical systems & services. Pager-duty one week a month
- Respond to Production outages & service disruptions. Triage, escalate, fix & collaborate with peers on the long-term solutions
- Provide expertise in tools used for software development: CI/CD pipelines, automated version control systems, software artifacts management tools & etc.
- Work with public cloud platforms with emphasis on Google Cloud Platform. Apply IaaS & IaC concepts.
- Work on systems upgrades, cutovers & infrastructure migrations. Support software releases from DevOps standpoint
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in DevOps/Build & Release roles (mid-to-large-scale environments)
- Experience deploying, scaling & administering mission-critical services in the multi-cloud environment (GCP/AWS) & on premises.
- Experience deploying, configuring, managing & automating CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins/Concourse & others
- Experience installing, configuring & administering VCS systems: Gerrit, Github, Perforce
- Extremely comfortable with Linux like environments. Comfortable with administering Windows
- Expertise in configuration management automation: Ansible, Chef & etc.
- Ability to quickly respond to production outages, triage complex architectures by following standard operating procedures & escalation workflows
- Familiar with cutting edge virtualization tools: Docker, Vagrant, Terraform, GKE
- Experience deploying, configuring & administering multi-tier applications (Proxy layer, Application layer, Data layer: MySQL, PostgreSQL & etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools
- Expertise with the scripting languages: Yaml, Python, Bash & Groovy
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of cutting edge technologies
- Firm grasp of the Agile SDLC methodology & practices
- Strong communication skills & ability to be a team player.
BA/BS, MS preferred, in Computer Science or relevant field preferred, considerable weight will be given to experience & prior accomplishments
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.