Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift is looking for a seasoned Revenue Accountant to support the adoption of ASC 606 & implementation of an advanced revenue recognition tool, RevPro
What a day is like:
- Review sales arrangements to validate bookings & ensure proper recognition of revenue
- Apply appropriate treatment of revenue recognition by identifying, documenting, & verifying areas of risk & recommending improvements under ASC 606 to improve effectiveness
- Understand revenue recognition differences between US GAAP & IFRS
- Support thedevelopment & documentation ofaccounting conclusions & associated accounting policy; reevaluate key assumptions on an as needed basis
- Work to continuously improve accounting & reporting processes, improve system efficiencies & help streamline/automate procedures
- Build relationships & liaise across business groups including finance, sales, sales ops & legal
- Perform month/quarter/annual close activities which include flux analysis, calculating metrics, preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliation, preparing reports & resolving issues as needed
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations & supporting schedules related to revenue; support month end close
- Work with FP&A & M&A to provide support on special requests, developing new financial schedules & management reporting as needed
- Help with & implement processes for special projects as needed
- Support external audit readiness & requests as required
You're perfect for this role if you:
You have technical & practical knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards ASC 605 & ASC 606 a plus. You have experience with RevPro revenue automation software or Netsuite ERP also a plus
You also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related
- Experience at an enterprise software company with both product & service revenue; SaaS/subscription highly desirable.
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- An ability to efficiently provide high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, detailed oriented & appreciation for accuracy
- Very strong attention to detail & a passion for digging into processes to better understand them & communicate the big picture
- Ability to communicate complex scenarios & topics in a clear & ingestible manner
- Ability to research & apply applicable accounting guidance
- Proven ability to identify inefficiencies, re-engineer processes, prepare an action plan, & execute
- Accountable & able to work independently to achieve deadlines
- Strong Excel skills required / Google Doc skills a plus
- Comfortable working across global time zones
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you'll be surrounded by the best & brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart & some of the kindest & nicest people around. We're never assholes. You'll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, & have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours & vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries & snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision benefits
- Life, short & long-term disability insurance
- Wellness & volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings & much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.