The mission of the Finance team is to provide visibility into financial performance & forecasts in order to help the executive team make good decisions based on data. Your mission as the Manager, FP&A is to tell the story of the future of the company through the lens of financial analysis, information, & support that the team needs to make & implement major operational, financial, & strategic decisions. The Manager, FP&A is fundamental to business success as it allows management to effectively manage cash flow, make the best use of capital, & plan financially to ensure the organization's strategic goals can be met.
The outcomes were looking for:
- Work with Finance leadership to establish & manage a scalable, company-wide operating rhythm
Provide accurate & timely financial reporting
- Assist in the development of an annual company planning cycle for generating a 3-5 year plan, incorporating opportunities for organic & inorganic growth
- Support modeling & information requests necessary for departmental annual budgeting process
- Maintain a rolling 12-month projection of financials
- Use SalesForce, FinancialForce & financial model to perform quantitative analysis of operational & financial data & to identify opportunities for performance improvement across the organization
Be a good business partner supporting functional team leaders with financial insights
- Produce consistent & accurate reporting monthly or as requested for leadership, internal stakeholders, & the board / investors, which includes key metrics, financial results, variance reporting & insights to gauge the companys health
- Maintain & understand key performance indicators for the company & evaluate alignment across teams
- Identify areas to improve reporting processes as the company evolves & work with stakeholders to update these processes in a timely manner
- Create monthly variance analyses of team budgets for managers, compare budgeted vs actual results & identify areas of improvement
- Support team with meaningful analyses of historical performance, KPS, forward looking indicators & SaaS metrics to give insights into performance & help guide future financial decisions
- Support leadership with competitive analysis, market trends, cost analyses & scenario planning for senior management to understand impact of financial decisions
Role Specific Competencies Required:
- Analytical: Able to structure & process qualitative & quantitative data & draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind & achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities & conditions. Copes effectively with complexity & change.
- High standards: Expects personal performance & team performance to be nothing short of the best & follows through on internal & external commitments.
- Curiosity: Knows to never take things at face value, has a natural curiosity & desire to discover what is behind the numbers & ensures that multiple dimensions & perspectives reflected in the business are brought together in a quantitative & objective manner.
- Works hard & smart: Delivers value consistently by being inquisitive, having a high degree of accountability & working with intent
- Driven: Fueled by passion & commitment, showing tenacity to overcome obstacles.
- Outcomes oriented: Dedicated to results. Track record of improving performance
- Effective communication: Speaks & writes clearly & directly with the appropriate level of detail to communicate an idea. Happy to embrace the ideas of others if they improve on your own. Understands that clarity is measured at the recipient's ear, not the speakers mouth. Able to understand the underlying question being asked & in the absence of that clear understanding can pursue & efficient line of inquiry to achieve that clarity.
- Teamwork: Work across team lines to value others contributions & support each other & drive everyone forward. #OneTeam
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in corporate finance, financial planning & analysis, investment banking, or other related fields.
- Extensive knowledge of SaaS business models
- Strong communication skills with a creative mindset
- Ability to analyze the details & still see the big picture
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, GSuite, & financial modeling