See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer - L3
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia & Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism & all forms of oppression & bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a software engineer to be a key member of the Twilio Flex R&D unit. Flex is Twilios contact center platform & is a unique solution that provides customers with the building blocks they need to build a fully customized contact center solution to meet their needs. You would be one of the first engineers in Bangalore, India for the Flex R&D unit. Reporting to an Engineering Manager, you will play a key role in developing new capabilities for Flex with high quality, automation & observability, & will own your services end to end. Additionally, youll have the opportunity to influence & implement architectural solutions that will enable Twilio to achieve our goal of being the worlds most trusted customer engagement platform.
As a Software Engineer (L3), you will:
- Build, deploy & manage applications in AWS cloud.
- Work on full-stack development of platform tools & application services.
- Write automated unit tests & functional tests in a continuous integration & delivery environment.
- Understand complex architectures & be comfortable working with different teams.
- Conduct performance analysis & capacity management.
- Own reliability for the teams services & participate in an on-call rotation.
- Adapt & prioritize multiple issues in a highly agile & dynamic environment.
- Manage your work through the use of Github, Jira, & Twilios build/deploy systems.
- Collaborate with other team members, including Product team, to help influence, own, & improve solution offering.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies for software development & contribute to the testing of your code, delivery & maintenance of what you deploy to production.
- Rapidly acquire new technical skills & knowledge in a fast-paced, high-delivery environment.
- Help junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, & positively influencing their careers.
Twilio is looking for a strong Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of building product capabilities for enterprise native cloud applications, with an API first approach, has experience & exposure to the entire development lifecycle from idea to design, requirements to implementation, testing through deployment, & beyond into support. You will also:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related industry experience
- 5-8 years of experience developing highly-available, secure, native cloud enterprise SaaS applications in Java, Go or Python.
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other public cloud infrastructure platforms. Multi-region deployment is a plus.
- Experience building distributed systems at scale based on microservices architecture.
- Experience with container technologies - Docker/Kubernetes.
- Extensive experience with REST API design & implementation.
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases & caches.
- Familiarity with streaming systems such as Kafka, Flink, Spark
- Experience implementing modern automated testing & CI/CD pipelines. Develop, Test, Deploy your code.
- Expertise in configuration management for deploying, configuring, & handling servers & systems.
- Strong belief in automation over toil.
- Positive attitude & aptitude to learn & execute quickly in a small team
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong expertise in solving complex production issues.
- Familiar with Scrum & Agile methodologies.
- Previous experience with Contact Center & Customer Engagement solutions is a plus.
This role will be based in our Bangalore, India office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.