About the right team member:
You are a talented & focused product leader. You will own our prospective customer product journey, particularly on mobile, including our discovery experience, sign up funnels, first funding flows, & marketing platforms. Betterments mission is to empower people to do whats best for their money so that they can live better, & youll be responsible for bringing that to our potential customers & making a connection with them that puts them on a path to financial success.
You are a natural collaborator who makes things happen by knowing how, & when, to engage teams in the pursuit of success. You love to roll up your sleeves & explain complex requirements to engineers, data analysts, & designers, & can also easily zoom out to focus on product strategy & roadmap with your business stakeholders. You are analytical by nature, experienced in A/B testing, & believe in iterating your way to breakthrough customer experiences.
You lead with openness, trust, & focus. You rapidly build rapport with people & teams & are respected by peers as a strong & honest partner. You have a working knowledge of growth fundamentals & are passionate about building a customer-centric business that will change the space forever.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Drive strategy, planning, & execution for customer growth initiatives, particularly on mobile. This includes new efforts, enhancements, & maintenance of existing features.
- Develop a point of view on how customer growth tactics on Betterments mobile apps can, & should, differ from those on mobile & desktop web.
- Build experiences, in partnership with product analytics, design, & engineering teams, that effectively grow Betterments funded customer base.
- Collaborate with growth marketing to ensure seamlessness between a prospective customers on- & off-product experiences.
- Obsess over the health of your product; develop a deep level of user empathy through product data, competitive analysis, user research, & experimentation.
- Have a direct impact on key business results every day.
You will be effective if you have:
- 6+ years of product management experience in a consumer technology company, ideally in a growth role.
- Proven success launching game-changing user experiences in a mobile app.
- Experience driving conversion for a highly considered product or service; one that requires a compelling brand story, a detailed understanding of the customer journey, & a deep empathy for the user.
- A passion for A/B testing, funnel optimization, & all things relating to the growth of a highly considered product.
- Demonstrated success at communicating, prioritizing, & balancing needs cross-functionally.
- Experience collaborating with marketing to drive customer growth.
- Strong analytical abilities with a passion for data-driven decision making.
- Experience as a values-based leader who can build & maintain a culture of empowerment, ownership, & accountability.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working closely with data science and/or engineering teams.
- A solid understanding of investing & financial advisory products.
- Influence over paid media channels & a track record of optimizing associated experiences.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $16 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws.We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.