Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
This position offers the opportunity to provide critical business intelligence that empowers senior management to make sound decisions. By way of first class management reporting, diligent analyses, & strategic modeling, the Finance team delivers timely results & encourages open discussion & creative solutions to improve the quality of our work as the business grows. This position plays a vital role in achieving these goals, & the incumbent should have an entrepreneurial drive, be able to interact with a variety of people, develop & maintain complex models, demonstrate flexibility, & meet rapid deadlines.
What Youll Do:
- Building & owning financial models that will enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the companys cost base & capital expenditure projections for both short-term & long-term horizons
- Presenting, analyzing, & interpreting relevant financial data to senior leadership - partnering closely with key leaders to impact strategic business decisions focusing on RTRs indirect spend & capital deployment
- Working on a variety of special projects that may include M&A, financings, new business initiatives, etc.
- Owning budgeting process including annual review & analysis, assigning department specific budgets, & tracking monthly/quarterly actuals vs. budget
- Partnering with key business areas to perform strategic analysis & modeling to help inform department specific spending & decisions
- Analyzing competitor performance & market trends
- Writing commentary that adds value & draws attention to key issues and/or perspectives
- Establishing & reporting key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency
- Assisting in the upgrade of reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement & liaison with the various business departments
- Preparing & delivering daily, weekly & monthly management reports to key constituents
- Functioning effectively in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- Assisting in preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings
- 3+ years financial or controllership experience with a degree in FP&A, finance, accounting or statistics
- You have a strong financial & analytical background having supported the budgeting, forecasting & cost management processes in a Finance or FP&A capacity
- You are proficient in financial analysis, model building, & summarizing model results into clear & actionable communications
- You have strong attention to detail, can synthesize large volumes of information, & possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- You maintain & continue to develop your skills in reporting & analysis using tools like Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, Looker & SQL.
- You work well with a breadth of support functions including technology, engineering, marketing, accounting & data science to project, package & evaluate financial performance.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.