Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Visits. As the industrys first & only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
Responsibilities of the role
- Collaborate with design, product manager & other engineers to ship new features & improve existing ones
- Work across various disciplines to successfully deliver team commitments
- Ensure a delightful experience for everyone who interacts with our software by working with stakeholders to support our SDK customers & app users
- Be an advocate for modern Android development, helping us keep the codebase up to date with the latest capabilities, features & development best practices
- Handle the full surface area of mobile development from data storage to UI interactions
- 2+ years of professional native Android development experience
- Deep understanding of Android SDK, frameworks & development patterns
- Proficient in Java, Kotlin, Android architecture components (LiveData, ViewModel etc.), unit testing
- Strong knowledge of reactive programming & MVVM architecture
- Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment
- Effective communication skills (both written & verbal)
Bonus points if you have
- Desire to do cross-platform mobile development
- SDK development experience
- Familiarity with continuous integration & delivery, dependency injection, multi-threading, memory management
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.