Away is looking for a talented & motivated Retail Operations Coordinator to join our HQ team. This position will be instrumental in our retail growth, as we grow our retail footprint. This role will specialize in store inventory, act as a departmental liaison & collaborate to build store procedures. The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of operations experience in a corporate office setting, in a similar industry.
This position is based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City & will report to Away's Manager of Retail Operations.
What you'll do:
- Develop & maintain strong working relationship with Aways field teams & all cross-functional HQ departments.
- Help support in establishing effective & efficient operational processes in all retail channels; with a focus on Inventory Control, POS, Store Maintenance & Store Safety.
- Ensure Aways systems integrate seamlessly & function as needed.
- Support in the development of digestible & comprehensive SOPs for new initiatives & systems.
- Communicate daily with the Manager of Retail Operations, & other team members, on inventory control, POS & a variety of other disciplines.
- Manage the day-to-day operational systems of Aways retail locations (POS, payment processor, inventory control & stockroom standards, etc.).
- Identify opportunities & help execute initiatives at the store & corporate level to deliver top tier customer experiences & ensure Away retail is the absolute best.
- Troubleshoot, manage & resolve reported issues.
- Ensure consistent compliance with retail service, safety, security, & business requirements in accordance with applicable regulations.
Who you are:
- You have 1-3 years of experience in multi-store operations..
- Strong analytical & organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a faced paced environment.
- Skilled in excel, document formatting, with strong communication skills.
- A strong focus on driving initiatives rooted in incredible customer service.
- Detail oriented, with a love for problem solving & can prioritize their time.
- Have extensive knowledge on retail systems & you like to stay up-to-date on all the newest & greatest retail programs/technology out there (including POS systems, CRM software & Inventory Management systems)
- Highly professional with the discretion to handle confidential information.
- Available to travel 15% of the time.
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel.We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees.Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career.Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment whereeveryonecan thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages.We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com)is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.