Daily Harvest is looking for a Taste Guide to bring our mission & community to life at our first-ever brick & mortar location in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago! Our Taste Guides are at the center of our offline experience, acting as experts on our collections. We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about connecting with people & building authentic relationships with our customers. Our Guides are passionate about fruits & veggies & seek to help people discover our chef-crafted recipes in a way that works for their routine They exude positivity & take care of our customers in an environment that celebrates the Daily Harvest mission: We take care of food so food can take care of you.
What youll do:
- Bring the Daily Harvest brand to life! Engage with the Daily Harvest community & serve as the primary resource for all customers
- Be a Daily Harvest expert; you will work with guests to learn about their preferences & make thoughtful food recommendations
- Foster a warm community with customers & colleagues alike
- Work with your store leaders to set & achieve goals, make suggestions, & implement feedback all while maintaining a positive outlook
- Place orders on our point of sale system with accuracy & ensure customers receive their orders with efficiency & service in mind
- Maintain a clean & delightful store environment by upholding Daily Harvest SOPs
Who you are:
- Hospitality or customer service experience in a fast-paced environment is a plus
- Ability to work 2-5 days per week including weekends & holidays, but dependant on business needs
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Existing Food Handler's Certification or certification within 30 days post-hire for the state you will be working in
- Ability to stand on your feet for 8 hours/day & can lift 40 lbs. Flexibility to work non-traditional hours including early mornings, nights, & weekends
- Experience in store openings, including onboarding & training a new team
- Technology: comfortable using Google apps & operating a mobile POS system, as well as other relevant tools & systems
- Eager to learn & a desire to develop your skills
- Proficient with technology & point of sale systems
- Entrepreneurial-spirit & can be adaptable/nimble in a start-up environment
- Courageous, open-minded, & goal-oriented
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, & Refinery29, & garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, & Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.