Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes thousands of transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Sr Software Engineer, you will be part of the team building the Next Generation Data processing platform with cost-effective & distributed applications on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. You will work with colleagues, who will support & challenge you daily. You will be working on multiple projects on Data lake architecture environment that serves a highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable & resilient platform. You will see the code written & moved to production within just a few days for downstream applications to get the data on time. You will be driving innovation that makes our products stand apart from our competitors, delight the customer with faster times for market delivery.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat & tell you more about our work culture & environment & see if this will be a good fit.
- You'll use technologies that include Java, Scala, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig & more.
- You'll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements & how they
respond to their business needs.
-You will build partnerships with product management to make sure that the products we are building deliver real value.
- You will analyze business requirements & architect a solution that is robust & scalable along with
providing technical documentation of solution.
- You have the work & academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency & ease with programming
languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages & operating systems.
- You'll leverage new technologies to build the next generation of Data pipelines & Data Marts.
- You'll lead efforts to design & implement various components of our global transaction processing systems.
- Your DNA would include following & creating software best practices & processes.
- You'll lead meeting & discussions with cross-functional & non-technical teams.
- You have excellent communication & interpersonal skills & above all, you are a team player!
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field & 2+ years of Software Development experience or Masters in Computer science, Computer engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent field
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2years of Software Development experience with an Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field
- You have experience with Java,Scala, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Hive based technologies.
- You have strong experience with Agile development (scrum, Kanban etc) incorporating Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins.
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time & remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Understand & own component security analysis, including code & data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement & verify secure coding techniques.
- We count on your curiosity & creativity, to want to understand customer requirements & our processes & want to come up with creative solutions & improvements.
- While you'll have the skill to see & understand the big picture, you're able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
- You have proven experience to understand the requirements & independently, architect, design & build the solution.
- You have the passion to work with people & help mentor your juniors to reach new heights.
- As an end-end champion for your products, you will have strong debugging & Unix skills to help support our Operations teams.
- A background in the Reference Data domain knowledge.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.