Create is a venture studio backed by 20 of New York City's most successful founders (GLG, Dia&Co., SLT, Moat, Crunch, The Muse, and more). Create rigorously ideates, tests, refines and launches new businesses.
Create is seeking an entrepreneurial operator to join our team. Reporting directly to our Managing Partner, the Venture GM will work alongside our research team to ideate, validate and test NewCo concepts. If a business is validated to the point of funding, they will also play a pivotal role in the launch of the company (leading operations and go-to-market strategy) until a CEO is placed.
Idea generation & in-depth research
- Research potential themes and problem areas to develop NewCo concepts
- Conduct rigorous diligence to evaluate NewCo concepts, e.g., business models, products, markets, risks, and other considerations
- Gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative data from diverse sources to validate demand and assess product/market fit
Validate & launch
- Oversee testing and validation of NewCos; activities will include prototyping, marketing campaigns, and other forms of MVP development
- Develop the roadmap for a NewCo's go-to-market strategy
- Act as lead operator, overseeing all aspects of managing business operations from the ground up, this includes: legal, sales, accounting, etc.
- Help recruit and onboard founding team and serve as an advisor to the business
We are seeking a person willing to be versatile; someone who can think through and conduct diligence on ideas while also being equally comfortable building and executing go-to-market strategies and operations. Other criteria we are looking for:
- Past success building a product or business from the ground up
- Experience as an early hire at a seed stage company
- Expertise in structured thinking and analysis
- Clear operational capabilities with a proven track record
- Experience with product management
- 5+ years of experience
- Comfort with strategic marketing and growth
- Basic understanding of financial metrics, specifically unit economics