At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app & great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why Lyft Mobile Service is re-inventing vehicle service by providing affordable, high quality, & convenient repairs when & where is most convenient for our Drivers.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Technical Training Lead of our Mobile Service business, will be responsible for the development, successful implementation & constant improvement of our teams training platform. This includes building the curriculum & necessary tools to elevate the abilities of new team members, as well as teaching & evaluating seasoned team members complex problem-solving skills & adherence to processes. The ideal candidate will be highly skilled in developing standard operating procedures, motivating, coaching & training a team of Automotive Technicians & Operations Associates.
- Develop course design & support documentation to align OEM standards to Mobile Service & Maintenance
- Facilitate training-related programs/sessions to local teams
- Create & update all Mobile Service standard work documentation to align with Lyft standards
- Own the implementation of learning tracking mechanisms including van audits & standard work audits
- Coordinate the staffing & scheduling of in-house & field training
- Own & report on training effectiveness by ensuring the field is fully compliant to automotive training certifications
- Assess waste in existing standard work & integrates improvements to new & existing SOPs
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ years experience in corporate learning & development
- 2+ years experience with TPS style problem solving, process analysis & redesign
- Experience developing standardized training & certifications
- Automotive knowledge/experience is strongly encouraged
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.